I received a second nomination for a Liebster Award but I waited to respond simply because I got both of them on the same day and had to tackle them one at a time in order to give them the required amount of attention.
Nikki Halliday is the wonderful woman who nominated me. She is incredibly witty and writes with such ease and what I would call a confident spontaneity. She’s funny without having to try. She is also emotionally honest. It’s a great recipe isn’t it? In the space of a week, from the moment that I started following her, I have fallen in love and am now one of her biggest fans so getting this nomination from her is like my mother’s cooking. Sublime. Thank you Nikki. If you don’t go and check her blog out, then you will miss out!
The rules of the award are as follows.
1) First, you include a link back to the post or blog of the person who nominated you and you thank them because manners are everything!
2) Include 11 facts about yourself.
3) Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated posted.
4) Post 11 more questions for your nominees to answer.
5) Nominate 11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers.
The purpose of this award is to spread some love to the nominees and increase awareness of their blog. You won’t be getting any gold statues to place over your mantelpiece or fancy ribbons to pin. What you do get is acknowledgement and appreciation. It’s great feedback and its a chance to get to know more of the community which is very important.
11 Facts About Moi
1) I suffer from hay-fever.
2) I love horses and horse riding.
3) I do not have a gall bladder. It misbehaved after a reaction to some medication I was taking and I got rid of it.
4) I can be a “stubborn headed goat”. As my mother would put it.
5) I have a fetish about watching how things are made. If I could visit factories just to observe, that would be perfect.
6) I use to play with my grandmother’s veins. I’d push them in and watch them turn pale and then fill with blood again.
7) Cooking and feeding people brings me a lot of joy.
8) I have Irish, Scottish, English and Asian blood.
9) Robbie Williams flashed me his bum.
10) I have met a Quokka and I fed it.
11) Sometimes when I’m cooking, I pretend that I am on a cooking show and I always speak like Dame Maggie Smith when I do it. Ok, sometimes I do Dame Edna.
The 11 Questions Nikki asked Me
1) Who is your favourite literary character? Lady Bracknell in The Importance of Being Earnest. (One of my favourites because there are so, so many)
2) Who is your weird crush? David Letterman.
3) In which period in history would you have most liked to have lived? The Renaissance but I most likely would have been a slave.
4) What could you not live without? Fruit. I love fruit!
5) What is your porn star name? It would definitely have to be Tallulah and I’d sing that song from Bugsy Malone…”Lonely…you don’t have to be lonely. When they talk about Tallulah, you know what they say…no one in the heaven’s gonna treat you finer, Tallulah had her training from North Carolina”
6) What is your best feature? My eyes.
7) What would you have for your last supper? My mother’s coconut rice and condiments. Definitely some chocolate fudge cake too – warmed in the oven and served with vanilla ice cream.
8) Who was your first love? Benjamin. He was tall, dark and handsome with great integrity.
9) Which song is your getting ready to go out song? I don’t have a particular song for this, just upbeat and one that I can sing and move to.
10) What is your favourite smell? The way babies smell.
11) What would your Archvillain name be? Medea. She is part of Greek mythology and was one ruthless ‘beatch’.
The 11 Questions for my Nominees
1) If there was one thing a person could count on when it comes to you, what would it be?
2) Let’s say there was a gadget you would like to see invented, what would it be?
3) What colour most represents your character?
4) If you could be a fly on the wall for a day, watching and listening, which wall would it be?
5) Your favourite ice cream flavour is…
6) If there were three things that you could change about the world, what would it be?
7) Finish this sentence. The smell of coffee is…
8) Imagine that you were an architect, which famous building would you have designed?
9) What’s the one word or phrase that you use a lot?
10) What is your earliest childhood memory?
11) If you were someone else sitting in a cafe and the actual you walked in, what about you would catch the eye of this someone else?
My 11 Nominees for the Liebster Award
3) Coach Monkey
7) Misc Marsha
10) Tea and Paper
I chose the above bloggers for different reasons. Some because of the work they have put into their blogs which inspired me to work on mine, others because I want to see more and hope this acknowledgement will encourage them to write, a few because I was learning new things and many because I liked what I was reading or looking at. That’s the great thing about the Liebster, it’s a tool and it paves the way for discovery with a little structure added to it. I look forward to finding out more about you.